- 50,80,825 people join Arvind Kejriwal’s party in 12 daysPosted 5 days ago
- Breaking: Vinod Kumar Binny likely to be expelled from Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 5 days ago
- Breaking: IPS officer-turned-politician Jharkhand MP Ajay Kumar could join Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 5 days ago
- Sushil kumar Shinde controversial statement, says Arvind Kejriwal is ‘mad CM’Posted 5 days ago
- AAP News POLL: Should Delhi Police be under the city government?Posted 6 days ago
- Breaking: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal ends dharna, two cops sent on leavePosted 6 days ago
- Delhi AAP minister Rakhi Birla’s car attackedPosted 3 weeks ago
- V Balakrishnan, Infosys ex-board member joins AAPPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking news: Free water supply for DelhiPosted 4 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi party Delhi seatsPosted 1 month ago
Mass Protest Continue: AAP says minister detained, police deny
Delhi transport minister Saurabh Bhardwaj was Monday detained by police during a mass protest, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) said. Police denied the claim.
AAP leader Sanjay Singh said the minister was detained near where chief minister Arvind Kejriwal was holding an unprecedented protest in the heart of the capital.
But joint commissioner of police Mukesh Kumar Meena said: “We deny that police detained him. He went and sat inside the police vehicle on his own.”
Meena also denied that his men beat up AAP legislator from Model Town Akhileshpati Tripathi.
Minister Bhardwaj insisted that he was detained while trying to reach the protest site.
“I was with two volunteers when police threatened me … and that I can be arrested. They took us to their van and detained us,” he said.
January 20, 2014 at 11:21 pm
I support AAP.. Great going !! Wish I could be there in delhi for dharna !
January 21, 2014 at 10:37 am
AAP is the new Google !
Eric Schmidt , Chairman – Google , was in India a few weeks back
In an interview , he said ,
” It is quite possible that the next Google comes out of India ”
May be he was thinking of AAP !
Because AAP is the new Google
Within months of being launched ( Sept 1998 ) , Google left behind the mighty and powerful , established search engines like Yahoo / MSN ( Bing ) / AOL / Alta Vista / Meta Crawler / Excite / Ask Jeeves etc
In a similar fashion , ONE YEAR old AAP will soon leave behind , the mighty and entrenched political parties of India , such as , Congress / BJP / BSP / SP / TMC / CPI (M) / AIDMK / DMK / BJD / RJD etc
Why is that not only ” possible ” but also highly ” probable ” ?
Just look at what is happening on the streets of Delhi since yesterday morning
Arvind Kejriwal – and his cabinet ministers – are sitting on a ” Dharna ” , near Rail Bhavan – and even sleeping on the footpath !
They are raising their voice and challenging the ” ESTABLISHMENT ” of the corrupt / the criminals / the callous / the Congress
For the first time in the history of independent India , the Ministers are not sitting in their air-conditioned Mahels
They are out in the Mohallas , leading the people , ready to be arrested / lathi-charged / what have you !
Without deviating from their peaceful , non-violent means
They are walking in the footsteps of Mahatma Gandhi / Martin Luther King / Nelson Mandela / Dalai Lama
They will teach the oppressed people of the World , how to bring about a change – democratically , without resorting to guns
Nearly 72 years ago , on 9th Aug 1942 , Mahatma Gandhi asked British to ” Quit India ” – peacefully
And gave to the people of India , mantra of ” Karenge ya Marenge ” !
There is a strong possibility that the history may repeat today , outside the Rail Bhavan !
People of India are welcoming the rise of the new GOOGLE in their political sky !
* hemen parekh ( 21 Jan 2014 / Mumbai )