- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 4 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
AAP News POLL: Should Delhi Police be under the city government?
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s demand that the Delhi government and not the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) should be in charge of the Delhi Police, will require legislative action by Parliament.
“The Parliament would need to pass an amendment Bill if Delhi Police is to be put under the charge of the state government. This can’t be done through an executive order,” an MHA official said.
Arvind Kejriwal says he is the elected representative, so police should report to him and not to the Centre. Says citizens with law and order grievances come to him and not the Union Home Minister or Lieutenant Governor.
Even in the US, Washington DC, their capital, has the police reporting to the Federal government. There are vital security issues involved in a national capital so Delhi Police cannot be handed over to Delhi government.