- Shocking: Few people were circulating this booklet at ITO, New DelhiPosted 2 hours ago
- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 5 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
Mass Protest Continue: AAP says minister detained, police deny
Delhi transport minister Saurabh Bhardwaj was Monday detained by police during a mass protest, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) said. Police denied the claim.
AAP leader Sanjay Singh said the minister was detained near where chief minister Arvind Kejriwal was holding an unprecedented protest in the heart of the capital.
But joint commissioner of police Mukesh Kumar Meena said: “We deny that police detained him. He went and sat inside the police vehicle on his own.”
Meena also denied that his men beat up AAP legislator from Model Town Akhileshpati Tripathi.
Minister Bhardwaj insisted that he was detained while trying to reach the protest site.
“I was with two volunteers when police threatened me … and that I can be arrested. They took us to their van and detained us,” he said.