- 50,80,825 people join Arvind Kejriwal’s party in 12 daysPosted 5 days ago
- Breaking: Vinod Kumar Binny likely to be expelled from Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 5 days ago
- Breaking: IPS officer-turned-politician Jharkhand MP Ajay Kumar could join Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 5 days ago
- Sushil kumar Shinde controversial statement, says Arvind Kejriwal is ‘mad CM’Posted 5 days ago
- AAP News POLL: Should Delhi Police be under the city government?Posted 6 days ago
- Breaking: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal ends dharna, two cops sent on leavePosted 6 days ago
- Delhi AAP minister Rakhi Birla’s car attackedPosted 3 weeks ago
- V Balakrishnan, Infosys ex-board member joins AAPPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking news: Free water supply for DelhiPosted 4 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi party Delhi seatsPosted 1 month ago
Mass Protest Continue: AAP says minister detained, police deny
Delhi transport minister Saurabh Bhardwaj was Monday detained by police during a mass protest, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) said. Police denied the claim.
AAP leader Sanjay Singh said the minister was detained near where chief minister Arvind Kejriwal was holding an unprecedented protest in the heart of the capital.
But joint commissioner of police Mukesh Kumar Meena said: “We deny that police detained him. He went and sat inside the police vehicle on his own.”
Meena also denied that his men beat up AAP legislator from Model Town Akhileshpati Tripathi.
Minister Bhardwaj insisted that he was detained while trying to reach the protest site.
“I was with two volunteers when police threatened me … and that I can be arrested. They took us to their van and detained us,” he said.