- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 3 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 4 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
V Balakrishnan, Infosys ex-board member joins AAP
Good News for AAP is that Great Mind of Infosys V Balakrishnan joins the party. In a surprise and good move, V Balakrishnan, who stepped down as board member of software firm Infosys recently creating ripples in the corporate circles, has joined Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Admi Party on 1 Jan 2014.
“Yes I have joined AAP and become the member of AAP, have got the confirmation today,” Mr Balakrishnan told in an interview.
His movement to politics comes three weeks after his sudden exit from Infosys.
Announcing Mr Balakrishnan’s exit on December 20 as member of the board and from services of the company, Infosys had said the resignation was to take effect from December 31, 2013.
Mr Balakrishnan have joined S/W firm Infosys in 1991 and later became its CFO (chief financial officer), was said to be a top contender to the post of chief executive officer (CEO).
Mr Balakrishnan was also the BPO head at Infosys as well as the chairman of Infosys Lodestone, a global management consultancy firm and 31th was the last working day of His in Infosys.