- 50,80,825 people join Arvind Kejriwal’s party in 12 daysPosted 6 days ago
- Breaking: Vinod Kumar Binny likely to be expelled from Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 6 days ago
- Breaking: IPS officer-turned-politician Jharkhand MP Ajay Kumar could join Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 6 days ago
- Sushil kumar Shinde controversial statement, says Arvind Kejriwal is ‘mad CM’Posted 6 days ago
- AAP News POLL: Should Delhi Police be under the city government?Posted 1 week ago
- Breaking: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal ends dharna, two cops sent on leavePosted 1 week ago
- Delhi AAP minister Rakhi Birla’s car attackedPosted 3 weeks ago
- V Balakrishnan, Infosys ex-board member joins AAPPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking news: Free water supply for DelhiPosted 4 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi party Delhi seatsPosted 1 month ago
Know your Neta: Everything about Rakhi Birla
Rakhi Birla (born 1987) is an Indian politician from Aam Aadmi Party. She is the cabinet minister of Women & Child, Social Welfare and Languages in Delhi Government. She represents Mongolpuri constituency in Delhi Legislative Assembly.
Name: Rakhi Birla
Portfolios: Women & Child, Social Welfare, Women’s Safety, Languages
Profession: Former journalist
Total assets: Rs. 51,150
Education: MA (Mass Communication) from Guru Jambeshwar University
Says: The Aam Aadmi Party is not a political party. It is a revolution. I realized that to remove corruption one has to join the system, become a part of the system. So I joined.
Profile: Rakhi Birla was a journalist with a private news channel before joining the Aam Aadmi Party. She has been associated with many social organizations and has been fighting tirelessly for the cause of the Dalits.
Early life and education
She was born in Delhi to Sheila and Bhupendra Singh Bidhlan. She adopted Birla as her surname when her school administration mistakenly wrote Birla instead of Bidlan in her class 10th certificate. She was the youngest of four daughters. She did Masters in Mass Communication from NBA School Of Mass Communication, New Delhi. Her family was into social causes for four generations, from her great-grandfather and then grandfather who joined the struggle for India’s independence.
She joined a local television channel, Jain T.V., as a reporter after completing her education.
She came into contact of Arvind Kejriwal during Jan Lokpal Bill movement. She joined Aam Aadmi Party later and contested Delhi legislative assembly election, 2013 from Mangolpuri and defeated four times MLA Raj Kumar Chauhan of Indian National Congress. She was sworn in as a Cabinet minister of Women and Child, Social Welfare and Languages in Delhi Government. She is the youngest ever Cabinet Minister of Delhi.
- Cabinet Minister, Women and Child, Social Welfare and Languages (2013 – present)