- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 week ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 2 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 3 weeks ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 3 weeks ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 3 weeks ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 4 weeks ago
Infosys ex-board member V Balakrishnan in AAP’s fourth list
Former Infosys CFO V Balakrishnan will be the Aam Aadmi Party’s candidate from Bangalore Central Lok Sabha constituency while journalist Ashish Khetan will contest from New Delhi as the party on Monday announced its fourth list of candidates for 61 constituencies.
The list was released after the candidates were approved by the Political Affairs Committee (PAC) in a meeting held late on Sunday night.
In its fourth list, the party declared candidates for Delhi (2), Haryana (4), Karnataka (13), Punjab (3) and Uttar Pradesh (39).
Journalist Ashish Khetan, who has been associated with the party’s different committees, will contest from New Delhi, ending speculation that national convenor Arvind Kejriwal might contest from that seat.
In South Delhi, a constituency that has defence pockets, the party has fielded former defence personnel Col Devendra Sehrawat.
The party has declared a list of 13 candidates from Karnataka, which includes V Balakrishnan, former Chief Financial Officer of the IT-giant Infosys, who recently joined the party. He will contest from Bangalore Central Lok Sabha seat.
Candidates for 39 seats have been declared from Uttar Pradesh with prominent being party leader and PAC member Illyas Azmi from Lakhmipur Parliamentary seat. This also includes the Kaushambi and Gautam Buddha Nagar seats, where AAP holds considerable influence.
The party has also declared candidates for three seats of Bhiwani, Faridabad and Karnal Parliamentary seats in Haryana.
AAP has till now announced candidates for 131 seats across the country.