- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 4 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development dept
Senior IAS officer Rajendra Kumar, who was appointed as the Secretary to former Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, was today transferred to the Urban Development Department.
A 1989-batch IAS officer, who like Kejriwal is an IIT alumnus, Kumar was the Higher Education Secretary and had earlier handled various departments, including power and transport.
“Kumar has been transferred to Delhi government’s Urban Development department as its secretary,” said a senior official in the Department of Services.
The present Urban Development Secretary, SS Yadav, has been transferred as the Secretary-cum-Commissioner in the Food and Supplies department, the official added. Kumar’s transfer was impending after Kejriwal resigned from office on February 14.
Meanwhile, when contacted, Kumar said he had not received any information about his transfer.