- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 3 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 4 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi Party
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) got a shot in the arm when Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, joined the party today.
“The party is vehemently opposed to corruption and this is what I liked in it. There is a disparity between the rich and poor and this also reflects in the poor.
“If a common man joins and also becomes a part of politics then this is a welcoming step,” Gandhi, son of Devidas Gandhi and maternal grandson of C Rajagopalchari, said.
The 78-year-old Gandhi, who had contested against former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi from Amethi, has expressed his willingness to contest on a party ticket. The party, too, has remained mum over the issue.
“I would like to contest elections, but it is upon the party to decide on this,” Gandhi said, but refused to comment on his preferred constituency.
He added that he was approached by the party, but declined to reveal who he was in touch with from AAP and when he was contacted to join the party.