- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 2 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 2 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 4 weeks ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 4 weeks ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 4 weeks ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 4 weeks ago
Congress workers attack AAP supporters, damage vehicles, claims Kumar Viswas
AMETHI(UP): Aam Admi Party leader Kumar Vishwas today claimed that armed Congress workers attacked his supporters and damaged vehicles in Sindurva village under Kamrauli police station area here this evening.
“As I was proceeding to address an election meeting there, 20 to 25 Congress workers armed with lathis used foul language, clashed and attacked AAP workers including me,” he told PTI.
Vishwas is AAP candidate from Amethi against Congress MP Rahul Gandhi.
“Around 15 AAP workers were injured and they are holding two workers hostage,” Vishwas said, alleging that they also indulged in teasing two to three female workers.
“At least three vehicles, including one used by me, was damaged in brick-batting,” he said.
Superintendent of Police Hiralal said the concerned police station has been informed and force has been sent.
“Action would be taken against those found involved in it,” the SP added.