- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 2 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 4 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Sheila govt passed 13 Bills without Centre’s nod – AAP
The Delhi government on Monday alleged that while the Congress and the BJP are accusing it of violating the Transaction of Business Rules, the previous Sheila Dikshit government had tabled “at least 13 Finance Bills in the Delhi Assembly without seeking prior sanction of the Centre”.
“They have been objecting to introduction of the Lokpal Bill in the Assembly, but they themselves had tabled at least 13 Finance Bills in the Assembly over the last four years. It includes the Rights of Citizens to Time-bound Delivery of Services Act – 2011, the Delhi Geo Spatial Data Infrastructure Management Act- 2011, the Delhi Tax on Luxuries Act – 2011 and ten other Bills related to Value Addition Tax (VAT) and amendments to VAT from 2010 to 2013,” a government spokesperson said. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal told reporters here that he raised the issue during his meeting with Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung on Monday.