- Shocking: Few people were circulating this booklet at ITO, New DelhiPosted 7 hours ago
- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 5 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
No evil force can stop me, boasts Kejriwal
As campaign for Lok Sabha polls in Delhi enters the last lap, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday hit out at the BJP and Congress accusing the two parties of having a “setting” and wondered why he was always the target of ink and egg attacks unlike his adversaries.
Claiming that his party was the only solution to an unjust system, Kejriwal said he showed the “true meaning of sacrifice” when he quit the Chief Minister’s post in February this year.
“How will the people who roam around in cavalcades and speak only on well decorated podiums, know the true value of sacrifice? In the current times, when even a chowkidar (watchman) does not leave his job, I left the chair of power. That requires courage. Our party is the only solution to an unjust system,” Kejriwal said during road shows at a number of areas in New Delhi constituency.
The former Delhi Chief Minister said he was undeterred by the attacks and would continue his fight till the “last breadth” and that “no evil force” can stop his party.
“I was hit with eggs, ink. My car was smashed with iron rod. Why Narendra Modi and Sonia Gandhi are not hit? They have a setting among themselves and we are the ones to be threatened. We will fight till the last breadth. No evil force can stop us,” he said.
Kejriwal has been attacked with eggs, ink and was even punched in the last few weeks during a number of his roadshows in Varanasi, Haryana and in the national capital.
The AAP leader also appealed to the people to support his party to bring “systemic changes” and make a “difference” in the political landscape in the country.
“I won’t sit idle until these slums are converted to concrete structures. We gave our word for cut in power rates and free water; but our policies were withdrawn after they ousted us. If we could do it; why can’t the ruling government do it?” Kejriwal said to an applauding crowd.
The AAP leader also talked about the injustice meted out to the street vendors. “We talked about providing licenses to the street vendors. They were not harassed by the police when we are at power, but now I get to hear that the police have restored their nasty routine,” he said.
Musician Vishal Dadlani, who has been an AAP supporter since the inception of the party and courted controversy for his remarks against Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi, was the star attraction at the roadshow.
“It is not Kejriwal’s fight. It is the fight of each one of you. You have to decide whether you want to vote for a system that divides you or a system that robs the nation. Do not waste your vote for a communal or a corrupt force,” Dadlani said.