- Shocking: Few people were circulating this booklet at ITO, New DelhiPosted 5 hours ago
- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 5 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
BAAP takes to streets protesting against Kejriwal
Apr.6 (ANI): Intensifying the political drama as countdown for mammoth general elections begins, a rebel group Bharatiya Aam Aadmi Parivar (BAAP), who announced its split from the Aam Admi Party (AAP), staged a protest against former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal at Jantar Mantar, on Sunday urging people not to vote for AAP Chief.
The BAAP supporters burned Kejriwal’s effigy ahead of the meeting that the founding member of the Aam Admi Party, Ashwani Upadhyay had called to elect Kumar Vishwas as the party chief in place of the incumbent chief Arvind Kejriwal.
BAAP leader, Parbhat Kumar urged the people to create a history with a majority of votes for NOTA (none of the above).
“We would request to the people of Delhi that they should not rely on Arvind for the general elections, they can vote anybody, if not they can also press the NOTA button and create a history of the majority of rejection. Because all these parties are linked with one another and they would ditch the common people,” Kumar said.
Upadhyay was reportedly served a show cause notice after he turned rebellious towards the party following denial of election tickets to him. However, Upadhyay has denied any suspension notice served to him.
Speaking to reporter, Upadhyay alleged that the present leadership was unable to adhere to the objectives that it needs to follow. He also said that the volunteers from all across the country wanted Vishwas to be the face of the party.
“The party has failed on the objectives it was built for. The volunteers and the workers think that the incumbent leadership should be changed and Kumar Vishwas should be made the chief of the party. I came to save the party here but now I am learning from you people that I have been suspended from the party and I never got a notice of expulsion,”he said.
The BAAP members are the disgruntled party members who dissociated from the party when Arvind Kejriwal broke away from the anti- Corruption movement led by anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare. (ANI)