- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 6 days ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 2 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 3 weeks ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 3 weeks ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 3 weeks ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 3 weeks ago
Mamta Banerjee-Anna Hazare to hold rally in Ramlila Maidan
By admin on March 12, 2014
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare and Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamta Banerjee will hold a rally together in Delhi’s Ramlila Maidan on Wednesday. The party might also announce the names of its candidates from Delhi.
In the rally Trinamool Congress Chief Mamta Banerjee might also unveil her national agenda ahead of Lok sabha elections.
Other than Hazare and Mamta, peasant leader Rishipal Ambawat, Sufi Zilani from Ajmer Dargah, former MP Santosh Bhartiya, Shyam Pathare, Vinayak Patil and other West Bengal ministers will also participate in the rally.
Rajya Sabha MP of party Sukhendu Shekhar said that nearly 300 people have sent applications for its 7 seats in Delhi. The applicants include doctors, lawyers, judges and many other people.
It is likely that Aam Aadmi Party rebel Vinod Kumar Binny might contest in Lok Sabha elections in Delhi from Trinamool Congress’s ticket.
Ahead of Lok Sabha elections, the party has open up 53 offices in various parts of Delhi. The party will hold door to door promotion in the coming days.
It is notable that Mamta Banerjee had quit its alliance with UPA II in the year 2012 following some differences. At the rally in Ramlila Maidan today, Anna Hazare might make an appeal to people to cast their vote for the party.
At one time, Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal were together in the Jan Lokpal movement. Anna Hazare had announced that he will not support any political party in the upcoming polls and stepped back from elections.
Thereafter, he announced that he will not support anyone but the candidate of people or independent candidates and will sent them to Parliament to bring a change in the political system of the country.
In the end, he unexpectedly announced his support to West Bengal’s Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee. He is even promoting Mamta ahead of Lok sabha polls in spite of his statement of keeping away from elections.
Anna Hazare is likely to declare his 17 point agenda in the rally today which he earlier shared with state and central governments.