- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 2 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 3 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
Gujarat: Liquor Mafia Attacks Woman PSI for Raiding Den
A woman police sub-inspector, along with three journalists, was allegedly assaulted and held captive by a bootlegger and his accomplices after she raided his liquor den at Bhasariya village in Mehsana district, police said.
“PSI Anila Brahmbhatt raided the hideout on a tip-off that liquor worth Rs 50 lakh was being distributed for election purposes by the suspect Veersingji Thakore,” said a police officer.
He said an FIR would be registered after statements of the PSI and scribes were recorded.
Brahmbhatt said she called up the scribes after she received the tip-off and rushed to the spot.
“When we reached the spot, we saw about 40 vehicles on which boxes consisting of liquor were being loaded,” she said.
Brahmbhatt said Thakore’s men thrashed her and one of them tore her clothes. “We were held captive for about two hours until the consignment was dispatched in vehicles,” she added.
When contacted, Mehsana SP J R Mothaliya said Brahmbhatt has exceeded her brief.
“The lady PSI neither took official vehicle nor police staff. She should have informed her seniors before conducting the raid. She is posted in women police station in Mehasana city and went out of her jurisdiction for the raid,” he said.
He said Thakore was a notorious bootlegger who was arrested earlier under the Prevention of Anti-Social Activity Act (PASA).