- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 3 days ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 week ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 week ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 3 weeks ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 3 weeks ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 3 weeks ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 3 weeks ago
SP leader Atiq boasts of ’188 criminal cases’ in UP
The former Phulpur MP, who is facing several cases in Allahabad and nearby areas, had recently joined the SP after quitting Apna Dal.
Ahmed is also accused in the murder of BSP MLA Raju Pal in 2005. He was granted bail in February 2012, ahead of Assembly polls in the state.
“I have 188 cases against me and have spent half my life in jail but I have no regret for it … I can go to any extent for my workers, whatever the consequence it might have,” Ahmed said addressing party workers in the presence of SP leaders.
Earlier, he was given ticket by the ruling party from Sultanpur. Later, the party decided to field him from Shrawasti Lok Sabha seat.
Ahmed was in the news recently when he said that beggars are infesting the riot relief camps of Muzaffarnagar.
The SP leader also attacked Narendra Modi over Gujarat riots.
“Modi who is competing with SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has not yet gone to meet the victims of Gujarat riots while Yadav went there despite all odds,” he said.