- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 2 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 3 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
Denied permission, Kejriwal’s Varanasi rally postponed to March 25
Lucknow Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal’s Varanasi rally has been postponed by two days to March 25 after the district administration denied permission for it in view of the Legislative Council polls.
“The rally scheduled for March 23 has been cancelled due to the Legislative Council elections on the same day. It will now be held on March 25,” AAP’s national council member Vaibhav Maheshwari told PTI today.
Kejriwal had announced that he would take the decision on contesting the Lok Sabha elections from Varanasi against BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi after the proposed rally.
“Narendra Modi has announced that he will contest from Varanasi. So even I am going to Varanasi. We will ask people there on whether I should contest against Modi. If they say yes then I am ready to contest,” he said.
Additional District Magistrate (City) of Varanasi M P Singh said AAP members had sought permission for Kejriwal’s rally on March 23.
“The permission of the rally has been denied as their is election to the teachers’ constituency of the Legislative Council on the same day,” Singh said