- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 1 day ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 4 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Won’t contest Lok Sabha polls if Rahul Gandhi names all Amethi blocks: Kumar Vishwas
Alleging Rahul Gandhi knew nothing about Amethi, Aam Aadmi Party leader Kumar Vishwas today said he would opt out of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections if the Congress leader was able to name all the 17 blocks in the constituency.
Addressing AAP’s first rally in industrial city Kanpur, he said there were also talks of Priyanka Gandhi being fielded by the Congress against him in the Parliamentary polls. Vishwas alleged Rahul knew nothing about the region and dared him to name all the blocks in the constituency without any help.
If the Congress leader was able to do so, he would not contest the Lok Sabha elections, the AAP leader said.
Taking a dig at the Gandhi scion, he said the Congress vice-president was in a foreign country when a massive anti-graft campaign, spearheaded by Anna Hazare, was underway in New Delhi.
Vishwas further alleged Gandhi was also not seen when a huge protest erupted on the streets in the wake of December 16 gangrape. He alleged widows in Rahul’s constituency were deprived of pension. He said the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre was conspiring with the Akhilesh Yadav dispensation to put him behind bars.