- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 3 days ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 4 days ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 weeks ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 weeks ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 weeks ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 weeks ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 2 weeks ago
- Breaking: Indian hockey legend Dhanraj Pillay joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 weeks ago
Arvind Kejriwal addresses rally in Kanpur, questions Narendra Modi’s developmental model
Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal said on Sunday that there was no Narendra Modi wave in the country and claimed that the next government at the Centre will not be formed without the support of his party.
Addressing a rally in Kanpur Kejriwal said, “There is no Modi wave. People are angry, it is only the wave of people’s anger,” he said, adding, “Results will be seen during elections.”
He also claimed that AAP would get 100 seats in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls and the next government would not be formed without AAP’s support.
Taking on the developmental model of Gujarat, the AAP convener said that he will visit the state from March 5-8 to see the claims made by Modi. “When we come to power, we will set up inquiries in all the riots and award stringent punishment to the guilty,” Kejriwal said.
At the same time he mocked Modi’s tea-seller background and said, “They say Modi used to sell tea, how does a tea-seller have helicopters.”
Kejriwal further lashed at Congress and the BJP saying that both the parties had looted the country. At the same time he projected AAP as the only alternative to both the parties. “Both BJP and Congress have looted the country. Only one party can give you honest and true governance now. We must unite,” he told the crowd.
“I am not here to ask for votes, I am here to save my country from the clutches of these corrupt people,” he added.
He also accused both Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and BJP’s PM candidate for being agents of industrialist Mukesh Ambani and asserted that he had the Swiss bank account numbers of Mukesh and Anil Ambani. “Congress says I violated constitution by filing FIR against Mukesh Ambani. They challenged it. Can’t Ambani’s do it themselves?” he asked the crowd.
Talking about his own government in Delhi, Kejriwal claimed that no one had done the kind of work that AAP had done in a short time. “I can challenge, take any government after Independence and show us if any of them has worked as much as we did in 48 days in Delhi,” he said, adding, “I got five FIRs filed against Sheila Dikshit in my 48 days in Delhi.”
AAP was running a government in Delhi with the outside support of the Congress. Kejriwal resigned as the CM over the issue of Jan Lokpal Bill after 49 days.
Meanwhile, Arvind Kejriwal could contest against Narendra Modi if he decides to fight Lok Sabha election from Varanasi, AAP leaders indicated today.
Addressing the rally before Kejriwal’s speech, party leader Sanjay Singh appealed to him to contest against Modi from Varanasi because there is a buzz that the BJP PM candidate will be fielded from the constituency.
Another senior leader Manish Sisodia in his speech said that “we want the people of Varanasi to answer all the issues that Kejriwal has raised on (Mukesh) Ambani.” “Kejriwal will ask Modi these questions from Varanasi,” he added.
The former Delhi CM, who has himself not indicated his strategy on contesting Lok Sabha election, was silent on the issue during his speech.