- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 2 days ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 week ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 week ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 weeks ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 weeks ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 3 weeks ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 3 weeks ago
Know your Neta: Achievement, Career, work and personal life – Everything about Anjali Damania
Anjali Damania is an Indian anti-corruption activist, real-estate developer and politician. She is the convener of Maharashtra state unit of Aam Admi Party (AAP), and a Director of SVV Developers. During 2011-12, she exposed corruption in the Kondhane dam project through RTI queries. She came into the limelight in 2012, after she accused the Bharatiya Janata Party President Nitin Gadkari of having a business partnership with the Nationalist Congress Party chief Sharad Pawar. She is contesting 2014 Lok Sabha Polls as an AAP Candidate from Nagpur against prominent BJP Leader Nitin Gadkari.
According to Damania, her father was in the RSS, so she was brought up in an anti-corruption atmosphere. She joined the India Against Corruption (IAC) movement of Anna Hazare in 2011. After IAC split, she joined the Aam Aadmi Party, and became the convener of its Maharashtra unit.
Anjali Damania’s husband Anish Damania is the Head of Institutional Equity at Emkay Global Financial Services.The couple has two children.