- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 3 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
L-G Najeeb Jung recommends President’s rule in Delhi
Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung on Saturday sent a report to President Pranab Mukherjee on the political situation in Delhi in the wake of resignation of the Aam Aadmi Party Government.
Mr Jung has also forwarded the resignation of AAP government to the President along with the report.
Sources said the Lt Governor has sent a “factual report” on the situation in the national capital and has not mentioned whether it be put under a spell of central rule or dissolve the House for holding elections along with Lok Sabha polls.
The AAP government Friday had recommended to the Lt Governor to dissolve the assembly and hold fresh elections.
Mr Kerjriwal on Friday resigned as Delhi Chief Minister shortly after his government was defeated on the issue of tabling of the Janlokpal Bill in Delhi Assembly in the face of a united resistance by outside supporter Congress and opposition BJP.