- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 3 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 4 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
Breaking: Peepli Live’s Natha joins Aam Aadmi Party
Actor Omkar Nath, popularly known as Natha in Peepli Live, will contest Lok Sabha elections on Aam Admi party ticket from Chhattisgarh.
Well known for his role as Natha in the Bollywood movie ‘Peepli Live’, actor Omkar Nath Manikpuri has on Wednesday announced that he will contest Lok Sabha elections on Aam Aadmi party ticket from Chhattisgarh, say reports. He hasn’t yet mentioned the constituency he will be contesting from.
Natha joined the Aam Aadmi Party on Wednesday morning for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Actor Omkar Nath Manikpuri, who was appreciated for his role of ‘Natha’ in Peepli Live, today said he wants to contest Lok Sabha elections on an Aam Aadmi Party ticket. Natha joined AAP this morning in Maharashtra. The party is yet to decide on whether to give him a ticket.
AAP has decided to field Rakhi Birla from North West Delhi against Congress candidate, Krishna Tirath, and BJP’s Udit Raj. Mahendra Kumar and Khaled Parvaiz had withdrawn their candidature from North West Delhi and Moradabad respectively for ‘personal’ reasons. From Moradabad, Vimal Kumar Kashyap will be the AAP candidate. A party spokesperson said that there is no clarity over the status of Iqbal Mustafa who was supposed to be the AAP candidate from Faizabad but had reportedly returned the ticket. The party will take a decision soon.
AAP’s eighth list with 19 candidates was announced. Parveen Amanullah, a former minister in the Bihar government, who had resigned from JD-U to join AAP, has been fielded from Patna Sahib.