- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 3 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 4 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
Arvind Kejriwal gives his car to Rohtak candidate
New Delhi: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal has given his blue Wagon-R car to Rohtak candidate Navin Jaihind for campaigning since he does not have a vehicle.
Jaihind, who is contesting from Rohtak, a seat represented by two-time MP Deepender Singh Hooda, son of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, also drove to file his nomination papers in Kejriwal’s “lucky” blue Wagon-R car.
“I dont own any car and Arvind (Kejriwal) happened to ask me as to how was I campaigning for election since I do not have a car. When he came to know my plight, he offered me his car.
He has asked me to use the car until I arrange one for myself,” Jaihind told. He has been using this car for the past three days for electioning.
Confirming the incident, a party volunteer close to Kejriwal said, “He has been using Arvind’s car as he did not have any car. He has managed to arrange a car for himself for election purpose now.”
Jaihind has been associated with Kejriwal since 2007. His wife Swati Maliwal was in the Core Committee of India Against Corruption. He has recently submitted his doctorate thesis in Physical Education at the Maharshi Dayanand University in Haryana. Kejriwal publicly asked him to contest from Rohtak and challenge the Hoodas in their bastion.
“He (Jaihind) has been active in college politics and has led several agitations for students in the University. He had demanded that students who undertake blood donation should be given more marks for promotion of the cause,” said Sandeep Phogat, an MPhil student at MD university who has been campaigning for Jaihind.
Kejriwal’s blue wagon-R has become his identity along with his attire. Even after becoming the Chief Minister of Delhi Kejriwal would, for most of the time, travel in his car. When German President visited India early this month, Kejriwal drove to the German Embassy at Chanakyapuri in the same car.
While he was on a dharna outside Rail Bhavan in chilling cold, he sought temporary refuge in the car.