- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 2 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Amethi officials reject Rahul Gandhi’s residence proof application
Amethi: In a big setback for Congress, its vice president Rahul Gandhi’s application for proof of residence in his parliamentary constituency Amethi has been rejected by the Sub Divisional Magistrate of the area, reports said on Thursday.
While dismissing the application, the magistrate said that there is no proof, which shows that the Gandhi scion stays in Amethi or even occasionally stays in his constituency.
The development comes as a huge embarrassment for the Congress vice president as he has been the Member of Parliament from Amethi for the last 10 years.
Rahul is locked in an intense electoral battle with BJP’s Smriti Irani and AAP’s Kumar Viswas to regain the Amethi parliamentary seat. With BJP fielding Irani and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) fielding Vishwas, the Amethi constituency is set to witness an interesting three-way contest in the upcoming polls.
Vishwas has already raised the poll pitch and is extensively campaigning in Amethi. The poet-turned politician has been staying in the Gandhi bastion for the last few months.
Irani, who at present is a Rajya Sabha member and is considered to be a close confidante of Narendra Modi, had unsuccessfully contested the 2009 Lok Sabha polls. She was defeated by Congress leader Kapil Sibal from the Chandni Chowk constituency in the national capital. She is yet to visit Amethi.