- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 2 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 3 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 4 weeks ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 4 weeks ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 4 weeks ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 4 weeks ago
3-way battle for Varanasi: Narenrda Modi vs Arvind Kejriwal vs Mukhtar Ansari
New Delhi: The battle for Varanasi has become more intense with increasing hints from Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal that he will be taking on Bharatiya Janata Party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi. The battle has turned into a 3-cornered fight with Bahujan Samaj Party’s (BSP) Mukhtar Ansari contesting from the temple town.
With the BSP entering the fray, it is expected to eat into the BJP vote share in what was assumed to be a ‘safe’ seat for the party. Ansari was a close second in the 2009 elections losing to Murli Manohar Joshi who has now vacated the seat for Modi.
The AAP which has been waiting for the BJP’s announcement is gearing up for a rally in Varanasi on March 23. Kejriwal on Saturday declared that he was ready to take on Modi from Varanasi but linked his final call to the people’s approval there.
However, unfazed by Kejriwal’s announcement to seek people’s mandate to take on Modi from Varanasi, the BJP maintained that there was no possibility that the former stood a chance against their prime ministerial nominee.
“There is no doubt that Modi will have a thumping victory from Varanasi. Let Kejriwal file his candidature from that seat. We are sure that people of Varanasi will show him his place in the election,” said Harshad Patel state BJP media convenor.