- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 3 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 4 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
RTI Activists begin three-day hunger strike today in Ahmadabad
AHMEDABAD: RTI activists from across the state will stage a three-day hunger strike against the RTI commissioner at Sector 6 in Gandhinagar from Monday. The activists alleged that they were not given information by the commissioner and several of their appeals are pending till date.
Around 1,000 RTI activists are likely to gather at Satyagrah Chhavni in Gandhinagar. Bharatsinh Zala, an activist, said, “Today, there are around 50,000 RTI appeals pending with the information commission and in most of the cases, neither information has been given nor fine levied on the public information officers concerned for the delay. To protest this, we will go on hunger strike, which will start from 10 am on Monday and continue till 6 pm on March 26.”
Zala alleged that apart from the 50,000 appeals that are pending with the panel, around one lakh RTI applications are still awaiting answers in various departments of the state government. He said that the applicants who have been waiting for their reply, will come together to oppose this.
According to the RTI Act, information to any query should be provided within 30 days.