- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 2 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 3 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 4 weeks ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 4 weeks ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 4 weeks ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
Kejriwal faces FIR for not paying toll tax in Kutch
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal now faces an FIR in Gujarat’s Kutch for not paying toll tax, according to reports.
According to CNN-IBN, the FIR was filed on Thursday based on the complaint of the attendant of the Samakhyali toll booth at the Samakhyali police station in Kutch.
Some party volunteers have also been named in the FIR, the news channel said.
On Thursday, another FIR was filed against Kejriwal and his party members by the Mumbai Police for the chaos that ensued upon his visit to the city.
The FIR was filed at the Airport police station under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code for disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant.
The Gujarat government had on Thursday accused Kejriwal and other party members of not paying the road toll at three places during his tour of the state to verify the claims of development by chief minister Narendra Modi.
“Kejriwal and other state leaders of AAP have skipped toll tax payment at three place, moving off with his entire cavalcade,” Gujarat government spokesperson and finance minister Nitin Patel had said.
“He did not pay the toll at Varahi toll booth in Patan district and Surajbari and Samakhiyali in Kutch district,” Patel alleged.
“Former Gujarat MLA from BJP, Kanubhai Kalsariya, was also travelling with him. They did not stop their car even when the toll-booth employee asked them to do so,” he claimed.
Reacting to the allegation, AAP’s state convener Sukhdev Patel said, “They should first check their own history before making such allegations against us. They took Vitthal Radadiya, accused of showing a gun to toll-booth employee for asking the toll tax, in their party,” he said.
“They even made his son minister in their cabinet, so they have no face to make such allegations,” he said further.
(With PTI inputs)