- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 2 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 2 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 4 weeks ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 4 weeks ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 4 weeks ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 4 weeks ago
Former Gujarat DGP R B Sreekumar joins AAP
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat Director General of Police R B Sreekumar, who has been long waging a legal battle for the 2002 communal riots victims and has taken on Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the process, joined Aam Aadmi Party Thursday.
“R B Sreekumar today officially joined the Aam Aadmi Party and he joins our political fight against corruption,” AAP Gujarat convener Sukhdev Patel said.
He said, “Other secular parties are not fulfilling the promises they made to the people. They are not saying anything against the notorious level of corruption that prevails in Gujarat.
“People have been requesting Congress to raise the issue of rampant corruption but it remained inactive,” he said.
“Last week when Arvind Kejriwal visited the state and exposed the corruption in the state, I saw a ‘suryodaya’ (sunrise),” he said. “I am seeing a sunrise in the darkness of corruption. This is the reason for joining AAP.”
When asked if he would contest election if the party offered him a ticket, he dodged the question. “When we reach the bridge, we will decide whether to cross it,” Sreekumar said.