- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 3 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Arvind Kejriwal slapped in Delhi’s Dakshinpuri area
Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal has been attacked in Delhi’s Dakshin Puri area by an unidentified person. The man has been handed over to the police by AAP volunteers.
According to reports, an unidentified person lunged at Kejriwal when he was campaigning in the area in an open jeep. He slapped him on the neck before being taken down by Kejriwal’s supporters.
Notwithstanding Kejriwal’s appeals to not resort to violence, his supporters started beating up the man. AAP volunteers had to escort the man to safety after forming a protective ring around him.
This is not the first time Kejriwal has been attacked.
On March 28, the activist-turned-politician was reportedly attacked by a man, who claimed to be a supporter of anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare, during his election rally in Haryana.
The attacker, identified as Satinder of Lehga village in Bhiwani district, got near the open vehicle in which Kejriwal was travelling during the road show and tried to hit him.
Aam Aadmi Party supporters retaliated by beating the attacker. The incident took place in Charkhi Dadri.
Soon after the incident, Kejriwal tweeted, “Someone hit me hard on my neck jst now. This kind of violent reaction is expected of them. It only shows their true character n desperation”.
“Our supporters beat him up in retaliation. That is very wrong. That is not expected of us,” Kejriwal said in a tweet.
Before that, black ink was thrown at Kejriwal during a road show after he reached Varanasi to take on BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Kejriwal was proceeding slowly in an open vehicle when he was targeted.