- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 4 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
Arvind Kejriwal attacked while campaigning in Haryana
Haryana: Arvind Kejriwal was attacked by a man who hit him in the neck while he was campaigning in Haryana this evening.
The attacker was immediately caught by Mr Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party volunteers and thrashed. The incident took place in Charkhi Dadri. (Live updates)
Mr Kejriwal tweeted, “Someone hit me hard on my neck jst now. This kind of violent reaction is expected of them. It only shows their true character n desperation (sic).”
The AAP chief later tweeted again to warn his supporters against resorting to violence. “If we ever become violent, the movement wud be finished. So, pl pl pl, in future, if anyone hits us including me, we shud be nice to him. (sic)”
The police say the attacker could be a disgruntled AAP supporter who had been denied a ticket to contest next month’s national election.
Mr Kejriwal is contesting from Varanasi, where he is challenging the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.