- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 4 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
AAP has different strategy for Haryana and Bihar – Arvind Kejriwal
According to Dr. Ashawant Gupta, Haryana convener AAP, Irregularities in government job, change in land use, non-uniform development will be main agenda.
With corruption and the decriminalisation of politics, AAP is also raising state-specific issues besides making Reliance Industries Limited the alleged embodiment of crony capitalism and claiming that the BJP and the Congress are two sides of the same coin. How well the party disseminates its message will be crucial for its prospects in UP and Bihar.
Manindra Thakur, assistant professor, centre for political studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, said the Hindi heartland is informed but not excited about the AAP. “Replicating AAP’s success will be difficult in north India unless a hawaa or a magical spell is created in its favour before the election,” he said.
Mrug believes the party’s ability to galvanise people based on the issues it has highlighted has reached its peak. “Now its chances depend on the choice of candidates,” he said. Three months is a long time in politics. Given its Delhi performance, the AAP just might pack a punch yet again.
Criminalization of politics, agrarian crisis and liquor mafia will be main agenda in Bihar, says Ajit Jha, Bihar convener AAP.