- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 3 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 4 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
Updates: After eggs, black ink thrown at Arvind Kejriwal
By admin on March 25, 2014
March 25: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convenor Arvind Kejriwal arrived here today to address his mega rally ahead of the Lok Sabha election.
Kejriwal is likely to announce the AAP candidate against BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
3.15 pm: AAP members undeterred by egg, ink attacks AAP member Mayank Gandhi seemed unfazed by egg attack on Kejriwal and tweeted-
2.59 pm: Black ink thrown at Arvind Kejriwal TV reports suggest that Arvind Kejriwal was attacked with black ink. Reports also suggest that the police resorted to a mild lathicharge. TV reports suggest that Kejriwal was even shown black flags during his road show.
2.04 pm: Will defeat Narendra Modi says Kejriwal Speaking to NDTV, Arvind Kejriwal today said that though he was an outsider in Varanasi, this wasn’t a local election and that he was confident of defeating Modi. “I don’t see Varanasi as a losing battleground,” he said.
1.04 pm: Loud speakers removed from Kejriwal’s road show convoy After being greeted with protests from BJP workers, reports suggest that loud speakers were being removed from vehicles that were to be used during Kejriwal’s road show.
12.36 pm: Eggs thrown at Kejriwal’s car Reports suggest that egg were thrown at Arvind Kejriwal’s car outside a temple. Reports suggest that some supporters are hit by eggs. Before Kejriwal began his roadshow, there were protests from many BJP workers.
11.10 am: Kejriwal takes a dip in the Ganges Before heading out to the streets of Varanasi, Arvind Kejriwal took a dip in the Ganges. Speaking to reporters here Kejriwal said that the Ganges too had become very polluted because of the corruption that existed in the country.
8.40 am: Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi Arvind Kejriwal arrived in the holy city today and will be addressing a rally here.