- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 3 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 4 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
The Top 8 AAP Myths and Truths
There’s a lot of misinformation out there about Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). It’s time to debunk the top 8 AAP myths and provide you truths to consider here.
Myth No 1: AAP is weak.
Truth: There is very strong under current in favor of Aam Aadmi Party. The supporters and leaders of AAP are eminent and respected social activists, doctors, professors, and true Indian thinkers. After an overwhelming response in the Delhi assembly elections, Aam Aadmi Party is confident that the party has a strong chance of winning more than 100 seats in the Lok Sabha Elections 2014.
Aam Aadmi Party is the first ever Indian political party who dared to speak against Indian corporate, can go to any extent for the privileges of ‘Aam Aadmi’, committed to its words, and determined to remove corruption in the country.
Arvind Kejriwal defeated the three-time chief minister of Delhi, Sheila Dikshit, and became the seventh CM of Delhi. Arvind Kejriwal is almost ready to contest against Narendra Modi.
Can a weak party leader make such an impact in a short span of time.?
Myth No 2: AAP is inexperienced.
Truth: The AAP has scored good on basic governance and sound policy.The AAP party is comprised of IAS officers and bureaucrats who actually take responsibility of governance. Many of the AAP candidates have spent years with the Congress and BJP. Some of the AAP councilors were associated with the BJP and the Congress. The party has given tickets to candidates from other parties provided candidates were honest and had done social work. AAP has declared to facilitate decentralization in local governance and maximum participation of the ‘Aam Aadmi’ in the decision-making process.
Arvind Kejriwal asserted that governance is not rocket science that is difficult to grasp.
Myth No 3: AAP should prove itself first.
Truth: The party has already proved itself. In just 49 days 36 actions of public interest were taken which were pending since many years. AAP have made few populous announcements within 15 days of coming to power regarding water, electricity, housing, schools admissions, and women security.
The AAP’s achievements in 49-days in office : No to VIP Culture and Security, free water, reduction in power tariff, withdrawal permission for multi-brand retail stores, launched a helpline for nursery admissions, formed a committee under the Chief Secretary for the formation of ‘Mahila Suraksha Dal, night shelters to protect people from cold, audit accounts of private power distribution companies, and examining papers related to the Commonwealth Games and Delhi Jal Board.
What more proof do you need.?
Myth No 4:Arvind Kejriwal is not reliable and over ambitious.
Truth: Arvind Kejriwal showed the public that BJP and Congress are not serious about strong Jan Lokpal Bill. The Congress and BJP declared that it will not support the “unconstitutional” move to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill. Arvind Kejriwal stated that both parties are fooling the people of India, and are afraid if strong Jan Lokpal Bill passed then many of their ministers will be in jail. Arvind Kejriwal resigned as Delhi CM due to inherent weakness of democracy. Arvind Kejriwal is a reliable politician because he understand the issues and mood of the ‘Aam Aadmi’, is more closer to the people, is committed to keep promises, and has clear manifesto for honest politics.
Arvind Kejriwal has always stated that the Delhi victory is not about him or his party but about the ‘Aam Aadmi.’
Arvind Kejriwal doesn’t resigned for his own ambitions, but resigned for national ambitions.
Myth No 5: AAP is Congress Baby.
Truth: AAP has exposed 30+ congress leaders (of list of 29 top corrupts, 24 from congress). The AAP party is looking very strong and is most likely to hurt Congress more than BJP if it engages in direct combat. The contest will be between BJP and AAP, while Congress is nowhere in the fight.
If AAP is a Congress baby:
1. Would Kumar Vishwas contest against Rahul Gandhi.?
2. AAP would not have exposed Robert Vadra.?
3. Can AAP form SIT to probe Congress role in 1984 riots.?
4. Can AAP challenge Congress collusion with Ambani to increase gas prices.?
5. Can Arvind Kejriwal take a bold step to fight against three times Congress CM Sheila Dikshit.?
Arvind Kejriwal statement: “If AAP don’t form the government, BJP says we’re running away from responsibility to give Delhi a government. If AAP form a government, BJP says we’re the B-team of the Congress. Our party is not concerned of Congress and BJP. We concerned only of the ‘Aam Aadmi’. The party’s aim is to solve the issues of Aam Aadmi.”
Myth No 6: AAP is weak and cannot win so i should not vote: (most popular Myth among well-educated ones)
Truth: Readers should consider below mentioned two factors before reaching the judgement:
1. This verse is from the Bhagawad Gita “Karmanye Vadhikaraste, Ma phaleshou kada chana, Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani”
Meaning: You have the right to perform your actions, but you are not entitled to the fruits of the actions. Do not let the fruit be the purpose of your actions, and therefore you won’t be attached to not doing your duty.
We should vote for genuine, honest and non-corrupt politician no matter what the outcome will be. Instances are many when an established politician lost seat and a fresh leader win. Arvind Kejriwal defeated the three-time chief minister of Delhi Sheila Dikshit in the Delhi Elections.
2. A pond full of milk story: Once there was a king who told some of his workers to dig a pond. Once the pond was dug, the king made an announcement to his people saying that one person from each household has to bring a glass of milk during the night and pour it into the pond. So, the pond should be full of milk by the morning. After receiving the order, everyone went home. One man prepared to take the milk during the night. He thought that since everyone will bring milk, he could just hide a glass of water and pour inside the pond. Because it will be dark at night, no one will notice. So he quickly went and poured the water in the pond and came back. In the morning, the king came to visit the pond and to his surprise the pond was only filled with water!
When it comes to helping the country, don’t think that others will take care of it. Rather, it starts from each of you. If you don’t do it, no one else will do it. So, do vote to honest party and that will make a difference to our country. Everybody needs to pour their share of votes to fill this pond of AAP.
Myth No 7: Congress and BJP are enemies, but AAP is a B team of Congress or BJP.
Truth: No, they both help each other in maintaining no 1 and 2 position. BJP had not spoken against Robert Vadra. BJP had all the documents to prove that Electricity rates increased in Delhi are wrong and unjust but never spoken. Don’t BJP know that LPG price are being increased because of the corruption and to favor Reliance? They do know all this but they never speak because this is the politics of “saath ganth”, they also get some benefits for being silent. In Maharashtra irrigation scam companies of both BJP and Congress leaders got contracts. Both BJP and Congress opposed AAP’s move to pass Jan Lokpal Bill. BJP and Congress are old friends showing to be enemies in the public domain just to perpetuate their corrupt practices.
Myth No 8: Arvind Kejriwal is an anarchist.
Truth: Our democratically elected leaders working for corporate houses because of their selfish interest are true anarchists, while Kejriwal fighting for the rights of ‘Aam Aadmi’ is truly democratic. The’ anarchist’ delusion is created by the anti-national forces to divert people’s minds away from his good work.
Arvind Kejriwal stated: “Some people are calling me anarchist but if fighting for people’s right is anarchism then I am anarchist.”
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.- Mahatma Gandhi