- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 4 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Social activist Medha Patkar to contest Lok Sabha elections
Activist Medha Patkar has declared that she will contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. Though her constituency has not been finalised as yet, she is likely to contest from some part of Maharashtra.
It is also not clear if she will contest as an independent or as a candidate of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
AAP had earlier said that it is willing to extend its full support to Patkar if she contests the Lok Sabha polls. “If she wants to contest Lok Sabha polls, our party will extend its support to her. Now it is upto her to decide on whether she wants to contest elections”, senior party leader and Political Affairs Committee (PAC) Sanjay Singh had said.
He had also added that even if she contests as an independent, the party will extend their full support to her.