- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 4 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Know your Neta: Achievement, Career, work and personal life – Everything about Ashutosh
Ashutosh is a prominent Indian TV journalist-turned politician of Aam Aadmi Party. Previously associated with IBN7, of TV18 group, as Managing Editor. He is contesting 2014 Lok Sabha Polls as an AAP Candidate from Chandni Chowk against prominent Congress Leader Kapil Sibal .
Early life and education
Ashutosh born as Ashutosh Gupta in small town in Mirzapur district to an Income Tax Official. He graduated in science from Allahabad University. He is a M. Phil. (Soviet Studies) and MA (Philosophy & International Studies) from Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi.
In early days of career, he was the member of Aaj Tak, a leading Hindi news channel, for more than ten years as the Prime Time anchors on the channel. Other than anchoring, his real strength lies in news management on the desk as well as in the field. He has widely covered India from one corner to another, specially elections and Kashmir, that too when terrorism was at its peak in Kashmir.
At IBN7, he took care of overall editorial content that goes on the channel. He led a team of more than 250 journalists.
He was selected for the Dag Hammejoldt UN Scholarship. This scholarship is given every year by the UN to 4 young journalists from more than a hundred third-world countries.
Ashutosh joined the Aam Aadmi Party on 9 January 2014.
As a Writer
Ashutosh has written a book on Anna Hazare’s August 2012 movement, against Corruption. The book is titled Anna: 13 Days That Awakened India