- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 4 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
Gopalkrishna Gandhi, Shazia Ilmi to contest against Modi, Sonia Gandhi?
By admin on February 12, 2014
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has finalized two candidates to contest against two political stalwarts in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2014. According to a report, Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson, former governor of West Bengal and bureaucrat Gopalkrishna Gandhi has been pitched to contest against BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and former TV anchor Shazia Ilmi is all set to contest against Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
The report further says that Gopalkrishna Gandhi is yet to give his final decision to the party. Both Gandhi and Ilmi are yet to final call on whether to contest polls or not. “I hold the ideals of the Aam Aadmi Party in high esteem and hope that they will bring about a distinct change in our political values. But I am not joining AAP, or standing for Parliament as that party’s candidate,” he said in an emailed response to questions. Gopalkrishna Gandhi’s older brother, Rajmohan Gandhi had contested and lost Lok Sabha elections in 1989 from Amethi against late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. Another high-profile candidate of AAP, Shazia Ilmi, contested in last year’s Delhi assembly elections but lost by 300 votes. Besides, she also appears as spokesperson for the aprty on many news channels. AAP sources said that “there is a strong opinion that she could make a great candidate against Sonia, whose constituency is Rae Bareli, UP. However, Shazia is also yet to take a final call on whether to contest Lok Sabha elections or not.