- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 3 weeks ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 4 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 1 month ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 1 month ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 1 month ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 1 month ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 1 month ago
Eye surgeon is AAP nominee from Amritsar
With an eye on wooing the common man, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has fielded world famous eye surgeon, Dr Daljit Singh, as its candidate for the Amritsar Lok Sabha seat.
Both the BJP and the Congress have nominated political heavyweights Arun Jaitley and Capt Amarinder Singh, respectively, for the seat. A recipient of Padmashree, the Dr Daljit Singh, 80, clearly is no ordinary man.
He is a world-acclaimed eye surgeon, a poet and a visionary. The first ophthalmologist to introduce intra-ocular lens implant in India in the 1970s, Dr Daljit Singh has since made phenomenal innovations in eye surgery, particularly for cataract and glaucoma. His discovery of lymphatics in the eye is another contribution to the field.