- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 4 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Cartoonist Aseem Trivedi joins AAP, will contest against Union coal minister Shriprakash Jaiswal
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is likely to pitch cartoonist Aseem Trivedi, a Big Boss season-6 contestant against Union coal minister Shriprakash Jaiswal, who is sitting MP of Congress party and Samajwadi Party candidate and comedian Raju Srivastava.
The BJP is yet to finalise the name of the candidate who will contest from Kanpur seat. Speculations are rife that senior BJP leader Kalraj Mishra could contest from here. From Bahujan Samaj Party, Salim Ahmed’s name is almost final.
According to sources in the Aam Aadmi Party that brainstorming in this regard is going on. Aseem Trivedi said that he is in contact with the party in this regard. “If party will ask me to contest from Kanpur Lok Sabha seat then I am ready for it,” he said.
Aseem is a resident of Shuklaganj in Unnao district and had shot to fame due to his controversial sketches of the Indian Parliament two years back. Jaiswal, the three time MP, is the main contender. AAP chief and Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal had said on Friday said that his party would field tough candidates against many Congress leaders, including Shri Prakash Jaiswal.
An AAP office-bearer said that this time the Lok Sabha election in the city is going to be quite interesting. He added that name of Aseem Trivedi has not been finalised. He also informed that as many as 50 applications from people for contesting elections from Kanpur Nagar has already reached AAP office in Kaushambi. AAP city convenor Yogesh Srivastava said that the list of the candidates contesting LS polls will start rolling out after February 10.