- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 4 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Breaking: Rebel Congressman Ajit Sawant joins AAP in Mumbai
By admin on January 30, 2014
The Mumbai unit of AAP is getting huge positive responce. Congress party in Mumbai was dealt a small but significant blow on Wednesday with the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) roping in former Mumbai Regional Congress Committee general secretary Ajit Sawant. The Mumbai arm of the AAP, widely believed to be the strongest after the Delhi team, is expected to make a dramatic debut in the Lok Sabha election 2014.
Ajit Sawant in Pics
Ajit Sawant will join the AAP in Mumbai on Thursday. His entry into the AAP is especially significant as the former Mumbai Congress spokesperson is believed to be partly responsible for the Congress’s poor performance in the February 2012 elections to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation. He has also claimed that hundreds of Congressmen will follow him into the Aam Aadmi Party.
“AAP is raising issues faced by the common man, which has led me to join the party. It is a good platform to raise and address the common man’s issues,” explained Sawant, charging that the Shiv Sena-BJP ruling combine and the opposition parties such as congress, NCP and MNS in BMC are hand in glove with each other and are unconcerned about the problems faced by Mumbaikars.
Sawant claimed that hundreds of Congress party workers would join AAP in the coming days. “I know the problems being faced by Congress party workers and will try to address these. And this will result in Congressmen joining AAP in huge numbers,” claimed Sawant.
January 30, 2014 at 3:46 pm
Bachakr rehna in kaminose, ye jeet jayenge humare ticket pe aur support karenge congress ko.
January 31, 2014 at 12:27 pm
He should not be given any post or ticket. Can’t trust such fellows. He may become another Binny. As promised by AAP in the past, such fellows should be submitted for double checking than any other common man before admitting and considering for any post.