- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 5 days ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 week ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 3 weeks ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 3 weeks ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 3 weeks ago
- All AAP govt schemes will continue, Lieutenant governor Najeeb JungPosted 3 weeks ago
Breaking: Arvind Kejriwal to address rally in Narendra Modi-led Gujarat at 2 PM
A day after Arvind Kejriwal’s bid to gatecrash Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar failed, the Aam Aadmi Party chief plans to take on the BJP’s PM candidate on his home turf by holding a rally in Ahmedabad today.
Mr Kejriwal has also planned a roadshow to the rally venue, for which the permission has not been given yet.
Mr Kejriwal has spent the last three days touring Gujarat to audit Mr Modi’s governance. Yesterday, he dropped in to meet Mr Modi, who is also the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, with a list of 16 questions that challenge his claims of development of Gujarat on his watch.
Mr Kejriwal’s road-show in Gujarat has been steeped in controversy. The Election Commission says he violated the code of conduct by not seeking prior police permission for his procession through the state; his car and that of Mr Sisodia were attacked; and his brief detention at a police station resulted in street battles between workers of his party and the BJP in Delhi and Lucknow.
AAP is trying hard to emerge as the alternative to the Congress and the BJP in Gujarat. AAP says that if Mr Modi runs for Parliament from anywhere outside Gujarat, Mr Kejriwal is likely to stand against him.
The politician-turned activist also took pot shots at the BJP strongman alleging that Saurabh Patel has been made a minister by Modi. “By giving Patel like gas, petroleum, energy and minerals, in a way you allocated Gujarat’s natural resources to Ambanis,” Kejriwal alleged.
He also said that there is an acute problem of unemployment in Gujarat.
He also raised questions on the issue of corrupt ministers being included in the Modi government. Naming Babu Bokhiria and Purshottam Solanki, the AAP leader questioned Modi on giving Cabinet berths to minister, who have been convicted in mining scam and fisheries scam respectively.