- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 4 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Breaking: AAP leader arrested two days after after quitting SP
A Samajwadi Party (SP) leader’s decision to desert Mulayam Singh Yadav and join the Aam Admi Party (AAP) has landed him in jail.
The incident happened in Mulayam’s Mainpuri Lok Sabha constituency. Prakhar Yadav, a local leader, had left the SP two days ago and expressed his trust in Arvind Kejriwal’s party. Two years back he had embossed the UP government’s monogram and written “Uttar Pradesh Shashan” in Hindi on the number plate of his car. But he didn’t erase it even after joining the AAP.
This infuriated Mainpuri district magistrate V.K. Pawar, who allegedly called the police and ordered that Prakhar be put behind the bars for misusing the name of the UP government. A large number of AAP workers protested at the Kotwali police station to mount pressure on the local administration to release Prakhar, but he was sent to jail.
“I knew the government would punish me for leaving the SP. But the fact is that I am disillusioned of Mulayam, who is more interested in his personal gains than in the development of the state,” Prakhar said.