- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 4 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Former BJP MP Dr Rajan Sushant joins AAP
Former BJP MP Rajan Sushant, who had quit the party early this year, joined Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday.
Sushnt may contest from Kangra Lok Sabha seat in Himachal Pradesh on an AAP ticket, sources said. “When there was a countrywide movement for Janlokpal, Sushant had undertaken a similar movement for Lokpal in Himachal Pradesh,” senior AAP leader Manish Sisodia said welcoming him into the party.
Along with Sushant, AAP also announced Bhojpuri actress Reena Rani joining the party. Rani has acted in serials like ‘Jhansi Ki Rani’ and ‘Phulwa’.
Meanwhile, there were rumblings in the party over its reported move to field former Delhi Minister Rakhi Birla for a Lok Sabha nomination from the national capital with AAP volunteers from Rithala, Bawana, Rohini and Kiradi protesting against it.
“The party is deviating against its basic principles. Earlier, Arvind Kejriwal had said the party would not give Lok Sabha tickets to its MLAs and now it is giving ticket to Rakhi Birla,” said Suresh Kumar, a party activist from Kiradi.
“It is volunteers like us who campaign and we know who has support and who doesn’t. The party doesn’t understand this and decisions are being made within four walls. They did not even follow procedures before selecting candidates,” added Sandeep Hooda, another activist from Bawana.
The party rubbished the reports about Birla being nominated for LS seat saying no decision has been taken on candidates so far.
“If there is opposition over tickets, then you must understand the popularity of Aam Aadmi Party and the demand to get its ticket,” Sisodia said.