- Live: Maoists loot EVMs in Kotpad area, OdishaPosted 10 hours ago
- Shocking: Few people were circulating this booklet at ITO, New DelhiPosted 18 hours ago
- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 5 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
Arvind Kejriwal to meet German President Joachim Gauck
By admin on February 5, 2014
When Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal meets German President Joachim Gauck on Thursday it will be a meeting of minds with both leaders being products of civil society movements that have contributed significantly to politics in both countries.
The meeting has been scheduled for Thursday evening on the sidelines of a reception in the German Embassy premises. However, the format and contours of the meeting are yet to be finalized, diplomatic sources told ET.
While Kejriwal has met couple of Ambassadors, including the British and German envoys since being anointed as the CM, this will be his first meeting with any head of state or government. AAP is yet to unveil its foreign or security policy but some countries are showing interest in engaging with the party.
When the German Embassy approached the Delhi CM’s office for a meeting between Kejriwal and Gauck during his six-day visit beginning Tuesday, it returned disappointed. However, when German Ambassador Michael Steiner met Kejriwal during the President’s At Home programme on January 26, the Delhi CM promised to take out some time to meet Gauck, said people familiar with the development.
Gauck has a strong background in civil society movements as a pastor in the erstwhile East Germany during the Communist Party rule .
February 6, 2014 at 8:51 am
Amazing. AK is Great.