- Live: Maoists loot EVMs in Kotpad area, OdishaPosted 6 hours ago
- Shocking: Few people were circulating this booklet at ITO, New DelhiPosted 14 hours ago
- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 5 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
Why Modi is silence on KG basin deal – Yogendra Yadav
Training his guns on the KG Basin deal, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Yogendra Yadav on Wednesday asked why the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had never questioned the gains to Reliance Industries. He was speaking at a rally to mark the launch of the party’s Lok Sabha campaign in Maharashtra.
“The gas being extracted from the KG basin is a national resource. But Reliance Industries kept hiking the rates at which they would supply it. When then Petroleum Minister Jaipal Reddy questioned the KG Basin deal, he was replaced by Veerappa Moily. Mr. Modi has never spoken about the KG basin scam,” alleged Mr. Yadav.
The AAP had already declared that the deal would be a major poll issue for the party. Reliance Industries has said that it planned to go to court against the charges.
Mr. Yadav also questioned Mr. Modi’s alleged “favours” to the Adani group. “People think of Mr. Modi as a common man. I want to ask him how Adani came up in Gujarat. Land was given to them at Re. 1 per sq.m. When the Indian Air Force demanded land next to the Adani plot, the Gujarat government demanded the market rate,” he alleged.