- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 4 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
Come to us on deputation: AAP tells CPI (M) leaders
As the Lok Sabha poll is approaching, CPI(M) seniors are receiving bulk offers from Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) to join the party and fight elections.
A top CPI(M) leader said Tuesday that after the party veteran VS Achuthanandan, other Central Committee (CC) members too, have been offered Lok Sabha tickets from AAP leaders as the latter scouts for “clean candidates”.
“AAP’s Yogendra Yadav told a CC member to come on “deputation” to AAP and fight polls. He was told that he can return to CPI(M) if he loses,” said a senior politburo member of the CPI(M) while adding that AAP leaders want the communists to join their party before fighting polls.
“Some leaders in our party are getting confused and even sought clarification if the CPI(M) has formally allied with AAP for the polls,” quipped the CPI(M) leader.
“We are not approaching left party leaders per se but individuals with clean record. Some Left leaders also fall in this category,” Anand Kumar, AAP spokesperson said.