- My son has shamed me by slapping Kejriwal, says Abdul Wahid’s fatherPosted 4 days ago
- AAP receives boost for Chandni Chowk constituency with local Congress and BSP leaders joining the party.Posted 1 month ago
- Former secretary to Kejriwal transferred to Urban Development deptPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking: Kiran Bedi joining BJP, may contest against Arvind KejriwalPosted 1 month ago
- Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi joins Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Aam Aadmi Party organises ‘jhadoo’ rally at NahanPosted 2 months ago
- Delhi government to continue MLA local area development schemePosted 2 months ago
- Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party moves Supreme Court against President Rule in DelhiPosted 2 months ago
- Breaking: Bangalore’s Tech Community will Supports Aam Aadmi PartyPosted 2 months ago
- Surprise support for Arvind Kejriwal, from Nitish KumarPosted 2 months ago
23,500 riots in the country – Arvind Kejriwal
“Wherever we are in power — whether at the Centre or any state — we will get all riot cases registered there probed by SITs. If even one case is solved and a senior leader of the party which instigated the riot is put behind bars, no further riots will take place in the country,” he said.
Speaking at an interaction at the India Islamic Cultural Centre on Monday, where many people in the audience insisted on an assurance from him to contest against Narendra Modi in the Lok Sabha elections, Kejriwal said that if Modi chooses to contest, AAP will field a very strong candidate against him. But he did not say whether he would take on Modi himself.
Kejriwal said all riots are instigated by a political party or leader. “The two biggest problems facing us right now are communalism and corruption. Neither BJP nor Congress has done anything for Hindus and Muslims. As soon as something happens, police arrest two or three Muslims. There is a lot of insecurity among Muslims in places like Okhla. But to address the problem of those who have been implicated in terrorism cases, we need more courts and judges and must fast-track all their cases,” he said.
Former law minister Somnath Bharti said BJP is pitting Hindus against Muslims while Congress has decided that it needs to keep Muslims poor and uneducated to be able to rule. “AAP is here to make them realize that the politics of Communism has no place in today’s world.”
On Monday, the Editor’s Guild issued a notice to AAP for defamatory allegations against media houses over the past month, but the party continued to spew venom against television channels and newspapers. Bharti said people should not get swayed by media “propaganda” against AAP. However, the party’s Lok Sabha candidate from Chandni Chowk, Ashutosh, said a large part of Indian media is being pressured.
“There is also a social mafia that attacks you if you mention the ‘M’ word. There is an attempt to reduce the credibility of the media,” he said.